Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
Published: 23:12 1 September 2019 Updated: 09:59 2 September 2019
A 15-member Bangladesh team, led by Shakib Al Hasan reached Chattogram on Sunday for the one-off Test against Afghanistan, beginning from September 5.
The Tigers concluded their training camp with a two-day practice match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Saturday, where Mahmudullah hit back in form with a century.
Mosaddek Hossain also got some runs while fast bowler Taskin Ahmed showed his bowling skill, much to the delight of the team management.
Taskin Ahmed is elated with the prospect of returning to the national fold after being out of the limelight for his injury.
”If I get the chance to play, I will try to perform well. I’m very excited. I want everyone to pray for me and if I get the chance to play I will try to play well,” Taskin told reporters at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Sunday, before leaving Dhaka for Chattogram.
The experienced Mahmudullah Riyad shone bright for Bangladesh Red. First, he smashed a patient hundred with the bat before returning with the ball to scalp three wickets as Bangladesh Green were bundled out for just 125 runs on the second and final day of the game.
After Taskin Ahmed and Ebadot Hossain sparked for Bangladesh Red with four and three wickets respectively, the third seamer in Bangladesh’s squad, Abu Jayed, impressed with the ball. He bagged three wickets for Bangladesh Green while conceding just 22 runs from his ten overs.
Mosaddek Hossain’s fifty was the highest scorer for the Green team as none of the batsman were able to score significantly.
Mehidy Hasan Miraz, who is nursing a finger injury is also confident that he will be up for selection ahead of the one-off Test match.
“I will try to give my 100 percent. And because we are playing at home, if we can give our best we can definitely get good results,” said Mehidy.
”We had good preparations. We all worked really hard for last 10-12 days. And as everyone worked hard, we will get that result of hard work,” he said.
This will be Bangladesh’s first Test under new head coach Russell Domingo, who replaced Steve Rhodes as the head coach of the side after the World Cup debacle.
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Afif Hossain denied CPL NOC by BCB