Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
Published: 12:35 27 May 2020
Three people have been killed and 10 others injured as a microbus plunged into a roadside ditch at Gajaria Upazila in Munshiganj. The accident took place at 7:30 am on Wednesday on Dhaka-Chattogram highway at Charbaushia area along Meghna-Gomoti bridge.
The deceased were identified as Badsha Mia, Kashim Mia and Imran Hossain. All of them are hailing from Saghata police station area of Gaibandha district.
According to police, hospital and local sources, the Dhaka-bound vehicle carrying 13-14 passengers fell into a ditch on the Meghna-Gumti bridge as its driver lost control over the steering due to strong winds and torrential rains. 13 people injured in the accident.
Later, two of the injured died on the way to Gazaria Upazila Health Complex while another died in the health complex.
Gazaria Upazila Health Complex doctor Md Liakat Hossain said the three seriously injured have been sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. The rest are being treated in the health complex.
Md Nasir Uddin Majumder, Inspector in charge of Bhaberchar Highway Police under Gazaria Police Station, said that all the victims were initially identified as workers and employees of Matarbari Thermal Power Station.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities