Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
Published: 10:06 21 September 2019 Updated: 14:50 21 September 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Four people including a Sub-Inspector (SI) of police were killed and 12 others injured as a bus crashed into a standing truck on Dhaka-Khulna highway at Shonashur in Gopalganj early Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Abdur Rashid, SI of Gopalganj Police Line, Bijon Howlader, son of Narayan Hawlader of Najirpur, bus drivers' associate Rasel, son of Nur Islam and Kamol Mondol, son of Jashorath Mondol. Except for Abdur Rashid, all of the deceased are residents of Najirpur Upazila of Pirojpur district.
Ataur Rahman, OC of Bhanga Highway Thana, said that the accident took place around 4:00 am, when a Pirojpur-bound bus of Imad Paribahan from Dhaka hit a standing truck, leaving three people dead on the spot and 13 others injured.
Deputy Assistant Director Md Jane Alam of Gopalganj Fire Service said that the injured were sent to Gopalganj 250-bed General Hospital, where another one died.
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- Bail hearing for Minni today