Those involved with adulterated drugs should be executed: HC
Published: 16:56 19 November 2019 Updated: 19:13 19 November 2019
Those who are involved with the sale of adulterated and expired drugs should be executed, remarked the High Court after the report titled “Action taken against sale of expired, fake and adulterated medicine from August 1 to October 31” submitted by the Department of Drug Administration this noon.
A High Court bench comprising Justice FRM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Quader made the remarks on Tuesday. The court fixed December 12 for the next order.
Lawyer ABM Altaf Hossain heard the petition filed in the court. Deputy Attorney General ABM Abdullah Al Mahmud Bashar was in Favor of the state. Lawyer Kamruzzaman Kochi was on behalf of the National Consumer Rights Protection Directorate while Shah Manjurul Haque was for the Bangladesh Association Pharmaceutical Industries.
At the hearing of the case after filing the report, the court said that if the expired drugs were found in the same pharmacy multiple times, it would be necessary to make regular cases. Punishment in the mobile court against adulteration and expired pharmacy is not sufficient. Those involved with adulterated drugs should have a life term or a death sentence. The High Court also criticized the doctors' commission from different companies by prescribing medicines.
- HC orders to remove video of woman assaulting naked in Noakhali
- No woman hanged so far in country’s history
- Rifat murder case
Minni appeals; seeks acquittal from death penalty
- Attack on UNO Wahida : Two accused on 7-day remand
- Legal notice for banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee
- HC accepts Minni’s appeal, fine suspended
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- HC issues rule to repeal anti-abortion clause
- Dancer Evan lands in jail for trafficking women in Dubai
- Papia, her husband get 27yrs in prison
- Minni was “Mastermind”: State Prosecutor
- 5 get death penalty for rape for first time in country
- 2 children who return home after midnight HC order are fine
- 3 to die for killing NSU student Payal
- 6 to die for killing school teacher, his wife