Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
Published: 22:16 25 June 2019
Textiles Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi said the government has taken steps to reopen shut textile mills under the public-private partnership initiative. This will create employment opportunities, he also said.
The minster made this remark in a program in the capital on Tuesday
An agreement was signed to operate the Ahmed Bawani Textiles Mills Limited factory of Bangladesh Textile Mills Corporation (BTMC) by the Consortium of Tanzina Fashion Limited through PPP.
BTMC Chairman Mohammad Kamruzzaman, and Tanzina Fashion Managing Director Hasanul Mujib signed the agreement on behalf of their respective sides.
Minister Gazi said that 636.38 acres of BMTC land remained unused across the country.
“Using this land will boost the economy by creating jobs and increasing economic growth apart from helping the concerned industries,” he said.
Saifuzzaman Shikhor, MP of Magura-1 constituency, Israfil Alam MP, standing committee member of the parliamentary watchdog on Textile and Jute Ministry, BTMC Chairman Mohammad Kamruzzaman, former president of BGMEA Siddiqur Rahman were, present there.
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- 10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Poverty rate comes down
- Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
- Govt moves to strengthen flower marketing system
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela
- Concern to est research Inst for textile sector dev