Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
Published: 22:16 25 June 2019
Textiles Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi said the government has taken steps to reopen shut textile mills under the public-private partnership initiative. This will create employment opportunities, he also said.
The minster made this remark in a program in the capital on Tuesday
An agreement was signed to operate the Ahmed Bawani Textiles Mills Limited factory of Bangladesh Textile Mills Corporation (BTMC) by the Consortium of Tanzina Fashion Limited through PPP.
BTMC Chairman Mohammad Kamruzzaman, and Tanzina Fashion Managing Director Hasanul Mujib signed the agreement on behalf of their respective sides.
Minister Gazi said that 636.38 acres of BMTC land remained unused across the country.
“Using this land will boost the economy by creating jobs and increasing economic growth apart from helping the concerned industries,” he said.
Saifuzzaman Shikhor, MP of Magura-1 constituency, Israfil Alam MP, standing committee member of the parliamentary watchdog on Textile and Jute Ministry, BTMC Chairman Mohammad Kamruzzaman, former president of BGMEA Siddiqur Rahman were, present there.
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Excise duty on bank deposits increasing
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- ADB approves additional $500m for Bangladesh
- Who gets govt stimulus Tk 2500
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Price of tobacco products increase in FY21
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
20 million people to be given cash directly
- Bangladesh ranks 9th in strongest emerging economies
- Permission granted to open shopping malls, but..
- Mobile call rate, internet cost increasing
- Goods unloading suspended at Chattogram port
- Finance Minister to present budget proposal today