Teli Samad passes away
Published: 14:38 6 April 2019 Updated: 21:09 6 April 2019
The country’s leading comedian and actor Teli Samad passes away (Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’un).
He left his last breath while being treated at the capital’s Square Hospital on Saturday noon.
Sohela Samad Kakoli, daughter of Teli Samad, confirmed the death of this great artist.
She said, “Father was suffering from various diseases for a long time. Recently, the condition of his body deteriorates he was taken to the hospital. He died here under treatment.”
According to Square Hospital sources, he was admitted to the hospital on Friday night after his physical condition deteriorated. He was kept there on life support. Teli Samad was under treatment under Dr Partik Dewan. He died on Saturday at 3:00 pm.
A few months ago, Teli Samad fell ill and admitted to hospital several times. On December 19, he was admitted to the ICU of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) in the capital.
Earlier, He was admitted to ICU at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) for several days. He returned home recently as his condition improved. During this, the doctors expressed doubts about whether he would be able to return to normal life.
On December 4 last year, when he fell ill due to a chest infection, Teli Samad was admitted to Square Hospital first. He has been treated there for more than two weeks. Later, Teli Samad was admitted to BSMMU. At the beginning of the cabin, after being deteriorated, he was taken to the ICU.
Earlier in 2017, Teli Samad had gone a bypass surgery in the United States. Then on September 27, 2017, he returned to the country with some recovery. After coming to the country, he was admitted to the hospital in October and November. On October 20 last year, emergency surgery was done on the thumb of his left foot.
Teli Samad was known as the comedian to the viewers but he gave playback voice in more than 40 films. He has also directed the music of ‘Mana Pagla’.
In 1973, Teli Samad was debut in the film by ‘Kar Bou’. In the past four decades, he has played 600 films. The last acting movie was 'Zero Degree' released in 2015. This actor was born on January 8, 1945 at Bikrampur in Dhaka.
- Apurba-Nazia splits after 9yrs of marriage
- Tisha’s warning amid Apurba-Nazia split out; Why?
- Why Apurba-Nazia splitting?
- Mystery begun to unravel: Sushant was Killed?
- Finally Apurba himself unveils the mystery
- Nazia urges all not to blame Apurba over divorce
- Two controversial web series removed
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Doubts evaporated again: Sushant`s ex-manager Disha was pregnant!
- Nusrat Faria engaged
- Apurba -Tisha tie the knot again this Eid!
- Shabnam Faria’s ‘Joruri Divorce’
- Shokh got married on May 12!
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Unable to bear loss, Sushant’s sister-in-law dies