Teknaf JL leader murder: Prime accused killed in gunfight
Published: 10:41 1 September 2019 Updated: 12:44 1 September 2019
Nur Mohammad, the prime accused in the murder of Jubo League (JL) leader Omar Faruk
A Rohingya terrorist, the prime accused in the murder of Jubo League (JL) leader Omar Faruk, was killed in a gunfight with police at Jadimura hill under Hnila UP of Teknaf Upazila in Cox's Bazar early Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Nur Mohammad, son of Kala Miah of Jadimura camp.
Three policemen were also injured in the gunfight. The injured were - OC (Investigation) ABMS Doha, Constable Ashedul and Antar Chowdhury.
Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said that Noor Mohammad was arrested on Saturday night. Following his information, police conducted a drive there in the night.
Sensing presence of police, the associates of Nur Mohammad opened fire on them, forcing them to fire back in self-defence that triggered the gunfight, the OC said.
After the gunfight, police rescued the injured Rohingya youth from the spot and took him to Teknaf Upazila Health Complex from where doctors declared him dead. Later, the body was sent to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital morgue.
Police recovered four LG, 18 rounds of cartridges and 20 bullet-shells from the spot.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- BRTC’s AC bus service launched in Bandarban
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later