Teachers politics banned in Buet
Published: 20:05 9 October 2019
AKM Masud, president of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) Teachers’ Association, has announced teacher politics banned in the university.
He said the decision was made after an emergency meeting of the association on Wednesday morning.
“We have declared teacher politics banned,” said Dr. AKM Masud. “Student politics will also be banned in BUET in the future. The decision was made on the basis of discussion with student representatives and teachers.”
Earlier, The body of Abrar was recovered from the Buet’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall early Sunday. He, hailing from Kushtia, was a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the institution.
Buet students started protesting on Monday demanding justice for the murder. On Wednesday, around 11:15 am, the students presented a fresh new 10-point demand to journalists in the Buet campus.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Medical admission test on Oct 4