Teacher`s body bisected by train in Pabna
Published: 15:05 12 July 2019
Deceased Babu: File Photo
Police recovered a teacher’s bisected body from a rail track at Pakshi in Ishwardi upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Sirajul Islam Babu, 42, headmaster of Baghoil Child Care Kindergarden in Pakshi.
Being informed by local people police recovered the body from the rail track near Pakshi Railway Station around 8:30 am and sent it to local hospital morgue for autopsy, said Subir Datta, officer-in-charge of Ishwardi Railway Police.
Quoting family members, police said Babu went out for morning walk after Fazr prayers.
Babu's wife Mala Khatun said, after the Fajr prayers Babu went out walking every day. At 9am, he was supposed to go for picnic with school children in Lalpur Park. Due to the delay in return, repeated calls were sent to his mobile phones, but not received. Later the locals informed Babu's death news.
Pakshi police outpost in-charge Shahidul Islam Shaheed said, Babu was walking on the railway tracks in the morning. There is a possibility that the train could not hear the sound of being in the other direction.
Police said he might have been killed after being hit by a train in the morning.
Railway Police Station OC Subir Dutta said, on the death of Babu, the UD case has been filed with the Railway Police Station.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- 7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
- Bail hearing for Minni today