Tasty Payesh in this Puja
Published: 21:16 6 October 2019 Updated: 11:48 8 October 2019
Bengali Payesh is a sweet kheer dessert from Bangladeshi cuisine. It is made with rice in a different style. It is sometimes also termed as payesh kheer, rice Payesh, Bengali payesh. The delicious Bengali dessert to relish during the festive season of Durga Puja. Let’s find out the recipe-
Ghee 1 teaspoon, , basmati or kali jeera rice 1/3 cup (soaked in water for 30 minutes, and then strained), chopped nuts 1/2 cup (cashew, pistachio, almond, walnut etc.), granulated sugar 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup, full fat milk 1 litter, saffron Or zafran 1 decent pinch (soaked in 1/3 cup warm milk for 30 minutes), bay leaf 2, medium size, green cardamom 2, crushed rose water few drops (optional).
Take a pan, in which you are going to prepare the Payesh, melt the ghee in it. Add the strained rice & the chopped nuts to it, fry for a couple of minutes. Do not burn the rice. Take the rice & the chopped nuts and keep aside. In the same pan add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water into the pan and caramel the sugar by stirring constantly on low heat. When the caramel will be made, add the fried rice & chopped nuts to the same pan, add the milk and start boiling all together.
Add bay leaf, crushed cardamom pods & saffron milk into the same pan and boil everything till the milk reduce and thicken. It will take at least 15-20 minutes. The color of the Payesh will be brownish for the caramel. When the milk will look like thicken and Payesh like texture, add the rest of the sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add the rose water, stir and let the payesh to cool down completely. Then keep the payesh in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour, remove just before serving and garnish with chopped pistachios on the top. Remember cool payesh is tastier than heat payesh.
- Which dengue test report is correct?
- Regent Hospital to provide free treatment for dengue patients
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 2nd MICS bypass surgery conducts at Tk 5000
- BD scientist discovers replaceable artificial kidneys
- Armpits black stain? Remove in just 5 mins...
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Amazing uses of Silica Gel!
Don’t throw away those white packets!
- Can papaya leaf juice or coconut oil prevent dengue?
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- World Friendship Day today
- Peculiar way to control mosquitoes
- Why aren`t we living longer?
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- Waterlily heaven near Dhaka