Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
Published: 19:37 18 August 2019
Tannery owners will buy rawhide from Monday as before. In addition, the rawhide stockist and tannery owners will settle the matter after meeting with FBCCI on August 22.
The decision was taken at a tripartite meeting of the government, tannery owners, stockist and raw skin concerned in the chair of the Commerce Ministry on Sunday afternoon.
After the meeting, Industry Minister Advocate Nurul Majid Mahmood Humayun said that there was no problem in the leather industry. Guidelines on leather trade are processing, and today's meeting resolved the issue. They will decide on August 22 meeting. It is customary, there is no such problem all is resolved. The rawhide is not so wet. Buying rawhide has already begun.
He said that when our country is moving towards, a palace is active to stop it. Representatives from different districts have said that 5 percent rawhide has been lost out of one crore. Because of the hot summer, 10,000 rawhide can be wasted.
On the export of leather, he said, a decision will be taken after scruitinizing the situation. It's rawhide and exporting will take time. We will export if we deem necessary.
Prime Minister's Private Sector Development Advisor, Salman F Rahman, said that about one crore animals were sacrificed on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha. This time 10 thousand rawhide has been damaged, every year 5,000 rawhide has been wasted. This time the number of damaged rawhide is more due to overheating.
"We will be sitting on August 22," said Delwar Hossain, general president of Bangladesh Hyde and Skin Merchant Association.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Hili land port resumes today
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget