Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
Published: 19:37 18 August 2019
Tannery owners will buy rawhide from Monday as before. In addition, the rawhide stockist and tannery owners will settle the matter after meeting with FBCCI on August 22.
The decision was taken at a tripartite meeting of the government, tannery owners, stockist and raw skin concerned in the chair of the Commerce Ministry on Sunday afternoon.
After the meeting, Industry Minister Advocate Nurul Majid Mahmood Humayun said that there was no problem in the leather industry. Guidelines on leather trade are processing, and today's meeting resolved the issue. They will decide on August 22 meeting. It is customary, there is no such problem all is resolved. The rawhide is not so wet. Buying rawhide has already begun.
He said that when our country is moving towards, a palace is active to stop it. Representatives from different districts have said that 5 percent rawhide has been lost out of one crore. Because of the hot summer, 10,000 rawhide can be wasted.
On the export of leather, he said, a decision will be taken after scruitinizing the situation. It's rawhide and exporting will take time. We will export if we deem necessary.
Prime Minister's Private Sector Development Advisor, Salman F Rahman, said that about one crore animals were sacrificed on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha. This time 10 thousand rawhide has been damaged, every year 5,000 rawhide has been wasted. This time the number of damaged rawhide is more due to overheating.
"We will be sitting on August 22," said Delwar Hossain, general president of Bangladesh Hyde and Skin Merchant Association.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Operating profits of most banks rise
- 21 Bangladeshi companies to take part in ‘Heimtextil Frankfurt’