Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
Published: 20:02 17 October 2019 Updated: 20:04 17 October 2019
Right-arm pacer Al Amin Hossain and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny have been recalled to the Bangladesh team for the India T20I series next month as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced the squad on Thursday.
Al Amin played his last T20I back in 2015 while Sunny appeared in a T20I game for the last time in 2016.
Al Amin was a part of the Bangladesh national team during the World Cup 2015 in Australia, but due to disciplinary reasons, he was sent back home without playing any game. He was out of the national setup for a long time since then.
Arafat, on the other hand, was accused of illegal bowling action during the T20 World Cup 2016 India. He never got a comeback call to the national side after that.
Sabbir Rahman, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam and Rubel Hossain were left out from the last T20I squad of the Tigers.
Shakib Al Hasan will lead the Tigers in the three-match T20 series in India. The first match of the series will take place at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on November 3 while the other two games will be played at Saurasthtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot and at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur respectively on November 7 and 10.
All three games are scheduled to be played at 6:30pm (Bangladesh time).
After the T20Is series, the Tigers will face the hosts in a two-match Test series as well.
Bangladesh T20I squad: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Liton Das, Soumya Sarker, Naim Sheikh, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Aminul Islam Biplob, Arafat Sunny, Mohammad Saifuddin, Al-Amin Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman and Shafiul Islam.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Messi wins record 6th ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player’
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20