Suicide car bomb kills 26 Afghan security personnel
Published: 14:26 29 November 2020
A suicide bomber with a vehicle full of explosives carried out the attack on the outskirts of Ghazni that killed at least 26 security personnel in Afghanistan; Photo: Collected
A suicide car bomber struck an army base in Afghanistan on Sunday, killing at least 26 security personnel. At least 18 people were injured in the incident, officials said.
The attack occurred on the outskirts of Ghazni, the capital of the eastern province of Ghazni on Sunday afternoon. It was not immediately clear who carried out the attack.
According to initial reports from the country’s media, the militants aimed to send a message to the local administration, as a result, they targeted the security forces in Ghazni.
“We have received 26 bodies and 17 wounded so far. All of them are security personnel,” Baz Mohammad Hemat, director of Ghazni hospital, told AFP.
Nasir Ahmad Faqiri, a member of the Ghazni provincial council, confirmed the death toll.
It is learned that the blast was carried out by a suicide bomber with a vehicle full of explosives. The exact extent of the damage is not yet known. An investigation has been launched into the matter. The media will be informed about it in time.
- Biden vows to lift ‘Muslim Ban’ issued by Trump
- US Presidential Polls
Biden ahead in electoral votes at 238, Trump at 210: US media
- US Presidential election
Trump plays golf when Biden declared winner
- Militants behead over 50 people in football pitch
- Erdogan’s cartoon on French magazine, Turkey for legal action
- Trump pardons ex-National Security Adviser Flynn
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan’s Bamyan
- 476,000 newborns die in 2019 due to air pollution: Study
- Trump rallies led to 30,000 Covid-19 infections, 700 deaths
- I might leave US if I lose to Joe Biden: Trump
- ‘Boycott French products’ launched over Macron’s Islam comments
- Biden pledges ‘not to divide but to unify’ as president
- Police officer killed by fighting rooster
- Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures
- 7 killed, 70 injured in Pakistan’s Peshawar madrasa blast