Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
Published: 16:59 5 June 2019
The biggest Eid congregations in South Asia has been observed in Dinajpur’s Gor-E-Shaheed Boro Maidan. About 6 lakh devotees participate in this year’s Eid Jamaat.
Eid congregations was held in the Eidgah for the fifth time on Wednesday, 9am. Dinajpur General Hospital Mosque’s Imam Shamsul Haq Qassemi led the prayer
Since the morning the sky was clouded, there is no rain. Prayers have been offered peacefully due to low sunshine.
Supreme Court Justice M Enayetur Rahim, Whip Iqbalur Rahim, District Council Chairman Azizul Imam Chowdhury, DC Mahmudul Alam, SP Syed Abu Sayem, Dinajpur municipality mayor Syed Jahangir Alam and various government officials, politicians and people of different levels of society took part in the prayers. Besides, lakhs of devotees from neighboring Nilphamari, Thakurgaon and Rangpur gathered prayers together.
There was no shortage of security arrangements to ensure proper Eid Jamaat. Police, BGB, RAB, Armed Ansar, Watch Tower, CC cameras and intelligent members were in duty. All the devotees happy performing Eid prayers properly.
DC Mahmudul Alam said “There was a great preparation for the devotees so that they could say Eid prayers properly. This is our success that everyone could performed Eid prayers peacefully.”
Meanwhile, before the start of the prayer, Dinajpur-3 (Sadar) constituency MP Whip Iqbalur Rahim said that about six lakh devotees have come to pray in Gor-E- Shaheed Eidgah Maidan ground. Yesterday the sky was cloudy and due to the delay to decide Eid day, devotees’ arrival is not hopeful. But in future, arrangements will be made so that 10 lakh devotees can pray together.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status