Stocks maintain positive trend
Published: 23:26 17 July 2019
Like the previous day, stocks today witnessed positive trends in Dhaka and Chittagong stock exchanges due mainly to higher activities of large-cap securities with higher transactions.
The rising major sectors were insurance and pharmaceuticals and chemicals. A total of 164 securities of large-cap group moved up due to higher activities.
The key index of the country’s prime bourse, DSEX, closed the session of the week with 8.69 points down at 5,133.14. The Shariah DSES and the blue-chip DS30 also followed the same trend with 1.59 points down at 1,176.89 and with 0.54 point down at 1,830.03.
At the DSE, out of the day’s 352 securities, prices of 196 securities closed higher against 118 losing issues while 38 remained unchanged.
The volume of shares rose to 12.66 crore from Tuesday’s 9.63 crore shares and the daily turnover in value at DSE increased to Taka 309.60 crore from Tuesday’s Taka 271.76 crore.
The top five gainers were Eastern Insurance, Sonar Bangla Insurance, VAMLRBBF, SEMLIBBLSF and SILCOPHL. The top five losers were BIFC, First Finance, United Air, Fareast Finance and SEAPERL.
Fortune topped the turnover list followed by UPGDCL, SILCOPHL, GP and Global Insurance.
In the port city, CSE also closed higher with its major CASPI 28.13 points up at 15,730.54. A total of 273 issues were traded at the CSE. Of those, 151 closed higher and 98 closed lower while 24 remained unchanged.
A total of 2.22 crore shares and mutual fund issues changed hands for Taka 30.14 crore.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Hili land port resumes today
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget