Sri Lanka complete 3-0 T20 whitewash over Pakistan
Published: 23:23 9 October 2019
Sri Lanka defeated Pakistan by 13 runs to win the third and final Twenty20 international in Lahore on Wednesday, routing the world number one team 3-0 in the series.
Sri Lanka scored 147-7 with debutant Oshada Fernando scoring a brilliant 48-ball 78 not out with three sixes and eight boundaries. For Pakistan, paceman Mohammad Amir took 3-27.
Pakistan were then undone by leg-spinner Wanindu Hasaranga who took 3-21 as they managed 134-6 in 20 overs.
Sri Lanka made five changes to their team. Pakistan brought in Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed and Usman Shinwari in place of Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal and Mohammad Hasnain.
On Monday, Sri Lanka’s second-string side humbled Pakistan by 35 runs in the second T20I to seal the series and leave the hosts scrambling to avoid a whitewash at home.
The venue for today's game, Gaddafi Stadium, was decked out in pink after the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) joined hands with Pink Ribbon to create awareness about breast cancer.
"The stumps for the last #PAKvSL T20I are being branded in pink. All sponsors of the series have also changed their branding colours in the ground to pink," the PCB said in a tweet.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes