Someshwari puffs up fiercely……
Published: 21:51 11 July 2019
Due to the heavy rain and downstream of the hill, the upsurge water in the Someswari River is being ferocious in Durgapur upazila under Netrokona district. Several villages have been flooded and undergoing severe erosion.
Local sources informed, although, since morning water has been decreased slightly in the five villages of Kulallura UP of the upazila, sever erosion possibility spreads panic among the locals. Scared people complain, if the dam would made the right time river erosion didn’t occur.
Shafiqul Islam, a UP ward member of the locality, said “By this time, many houses have already been washed away in Someshwari river.” They (effected people) have been sheltered in UP complex. Sufficient dry food has been provided, he also said.
Durgapur UNO Farzana Khanam said “Instructions have been given to take action after visiting the erosion and flooded villages.”
- Why did Minni plan to kill her husband Rifat?
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Woman stripped naked in Noakhali: Main accused held
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- RAB raids ACI factory
Toxic ‘Methanol’ found in Savlon hand sanitizer
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Minni among 6 to die in Rifat murder case
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- ACI fined by Tk 17 lacs for marketing expired Tea
- Arrival of migratory birds begins in northern region
- 35th span installed, 5250 meters of Padma Bridge now visible
- Noakhali housewife molestation: UP member among 2 held