Someshwari puffs up fiercely……
Published: 21:51 11 July 2019
Due to the heavy rain and downstream of the hill, the upsurge water in the Someswari River is being ferocious in Durgapur upazila under Netrokona district. Several villages have been flooded and undergoing severe erosion.
Local sources informed, although, since morning water has been decreased slightly in the five villages of Kulallura UP of the upazila, sever erosion possibility spreads panic among the locals. Scared people complain, if the dam would made the right time river erosion didn’t occur.
Shafiqul Islam, a UP ward member of the locality, said “By this time, many houses have already been washed away in Someshwari river.” They (effected people) have been sheltered in UP complex. Sufficient dry food has been provided, he also said.
Durgapur UNO Farzana Khanam said “Instructions have been given to take action after visiting the erosion and flooded villages.”
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Alim examinee set on fire
DMCH formed board for Feni`s Nusrat Rafi
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!