Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
Published: 23:21 21 March 2019
An explosion at an industrial park in eastern China killed six people on Thursday and seriously injured 30, authorities and state media said.
Rescue efforts were going on, authorities in the city of Yancheng, in Jiangsu province, said in a statement. State media said authorities were investigating the cause of the blast.
Video footage and images on state media showed a fire and shattered windows in nearby buildings.
Among the injured were children at a kindergarten near the industrial park, state media said.
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Biodiversity crisis to put humanity at risk, UN warn
- Dead declared Sudan`s defense minister imprisoned!
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- Sri Lanka blasts: Death toll rises to 160
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Spain’s Socialists win amid far-right breakthrough
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- Gun fired at London mosque during Tarawih prayer
- ‘Fani’ hits India’s Odisha
- Pakistan arrests 8 Chinese men for trafficking girls
- 129 dead in serial blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches, Hotels
- India takes all around preparation to combat ‘Fani’