Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
Published: 23:21 21 March 2019
An explosion at an industrial park in eastern China killed six people on Thursday and seriously injured 30, authorities and state media said.
Rescue efforts were going on, authorities in the city of Yancheng, in Jiangsu province, said in a statement. State media said authorities were investigating the cause of the blast.
Video footage and images on state media showed a fire and shattered windows in nearby buildings.
Among the injured were children at a kindergarten near the industrial park, state media said.
- Leaked call, Obama slams Trump as ‘chaotic’ over COVID-19 issue
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- ‘Mystery’ woman with Pathao’s co-founder Fahim’s killer Haspil!
- Oxford`s study shows Hydroxychloroquine is ineffective
- Train services in India resume tomorrow
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- UK records second youngest death in COVID-19
- Kanye West says he will run for US president in 2020
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Long queue for relief in wealthy Switzerland
- Chinese soldiers use `strange` weapons to kill Indian soldiers
- Rare moon rocks set to sale at auction for $2m
- 3 stabbed to death in UK park
- George Floyd had coronavirus