Six Killed as bus falls into ditch in India
Published: 12:42 25 June 2019 Updated: 18:17 25 June 2019
At least six people were killed and 39 others injured as a bus in fell into a gorge in Jharkhand in India on Tuesday morning.
The rescue operation is underway to bring out the bodies from the bus that lay overturned on the rocks below the road.
According to police sources, the Garhwa-bound bus from Chhattisgarh crashed into the wall guard at around 2:00 am and plunged into a deep ditch, turning turtle.
On information, police rushed to the spot and conducted a rescue operation. The injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital. The reason behind the accident could not be known yet. Police are trying to find out how the cause of the accident.
Earlier on June 20, 44 people were killed and at least 16 others critically injured as an overloaded bus fell into a 500-meter-deep nullah in the Himachal state of India.
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Biodiversity crisis to put humanity at risk, UN warn
- Dead declared Sudan`s defense minister imprisoned!
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- Sri Lanka blasts: Death toll rises to 160
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Spain’s Socialists win amid far-right breakthrough
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- Gun fired at London mosque during Tarawih prayer
- ‘Fani’ hits India’s Odisha
- Pakistan arrests 8 Chinese men for trafficking girls
- 129 dead in serial blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches, Hotels
- India takes all around preparation to combat ‘Fani’