Six Killed as bus falls into ditch in India
Published: 12:42 25 June 2019 Updated: 18:17 25 June 2019
At least six people were killed and 39 others injured as a bus in fell into a gorge in Jharkhand in India on Tuesday morning.
The rescue operation is underway to bring out the bodies from the bus that lay overturned on the rocks below the road.
According to police sources, the Garhwa-bound bus from Chhattisgarh crashed into the wall guard at around 2:00 am and plunged into a deep ditch, turning turtle.
On information, police rushed to the spot and conducted a rescue operation. The injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital. The reason behind the accident could not be known yet. Police are trying to find out how the cause of the accident.
Earlier on June 20, 44 people were killed and at least 16 others critically injured as an overloaded bus fell into a 500-meter-deep nullah in the Himachal state of India.
- Leaked call, Obama slams Trump as ‘chaotic’ over COVID-19 issue
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- ‘Mystery’ woman with Pathao’s co-founder Fahim’s killer Haspil!
- Oxford`s study shows Hydroxychloroquine is ineffective
- Train services in India resume tomorrow
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- UK records second youngest death in COVID-19
- Kanye West says he will run for US president in 2020
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Long queue for relief in wealthy Switzerland
- Chinese soldiers use `strange` weapons to kill Indian soldiers
- Rare moon rocks set to sale at auction for $2m
- 3 stabbed to death in UK park
- George Floyd had coronavirus