Siraj sworn as MP of Bogura-6 constituency
Published: 17:45 11 July 2019 Updated: 18:08 11 July 2019
BNP's Golam Mohammad Siraj, who won the by-election in Bogra-6 (Sadar) constituency, took oath as MP today in the parliament house.
On Thursday at 3:30 pm, Jatiya Sangasad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Choudhury sworn him.
Senior parliament secretariat Zafar Ahmed Khan, conducted the oath at the Speaker's office in the Parliament. Meanwhile, among the MPs of the party, Harunur Rashid, Zahidur Rahman, Mosharraf Hossain and Rumiin Farhana MP of reserved women seats were also present.
In the election held on June 24, Siraj received 89 thousand 742 votes with the ‘Sheaf of Paddy’ symbol. His nearest rival Awami League nominated candidate, T-Zaman Niketta got 32, 297 votes. Besides, Jatiya Party (plow) candidates got 7,271 votes.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha