Siraj sworn as MP of Bogura-6 constituency
Published: 17:45 11 July 2019 Updated: 18:08 11 July 2019
BNP's Golam Mohammad Siraj, who won the by-election in Bogra-6 (Sadar) constituency, took oath as MP today in the parliament house.
On Thursday at 3:30 pm, Jatiya Sangasad Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Choudhury sworn him.
Senior parliament secretariat Zafar Ahmed Khan, conducted the oath at the Speaker's office in the Parliament. Meanwhile, among the MPs of the party, Harunur Rashid, Zahidur Rahman, Mosharraf Hossain and Rumiin Farhana MP of reserved women seats were also present.
In the election held on June 24, Siraj received 89 thousand 742 votes with the ‘Sheaf of Paddy’ symbol. His nearest rival Awami League nominated candidate, T-Zaman Niketta got 32, 297 votes. Besides, Jatiya Party (plow) candidates got 7,271 votes.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Banani fire: Injured firefighter Sohel dies
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Nusrat`s condition too critical to send to Singapore
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat Jahan on life support
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard