Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
Published: 14:56 25 June 2021 Updated: 14:56 25 June 2021
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The word ‘shutdown’ has been discussed all over the country since Thursday. For this, everyone has two questions in mind - First, will the government impose a shutdown or not, and second, what will be the image of the country in the shutdown?
Moreover, many are looking for the difference between “lockdown” and “shutdown”.
The 38th meeting of the National Technical Advisory Committee on Wednesday recommended a “14-day Shutdown”.
The information was given in a press release signed by the chairman of the committee Prof Mohammad Sahidullah on Thursday.
A member of the advisory committee, reluctant to disclose name, said the committee had agreed to a nationwide shutdown for at least two weeks to prevent the Covid-19 outbreak. “Shutdown would be a lot like ‘curfew’.”
About the shutdown, Prof Dr. Mohammad Sahidullah said the “shutdown meant everything would be closed”, except for emergency services.
“Emergency services mean medicine stores, fire service, the media will be out of the shutdown,” he also said, adding if people accept this, the pandemic situation will be better in the future.
The National Technical Advisory Committee said in a statement that the committee was “unanimously recommending a nationwide shutdown of at least 14 days” to curb the spread of coronavirus and reduce the risk to people’s lives. During this, except for emergency services, everything including vehicles, offices and courts need to be stopped. “If this system is not strictly adhered to, no matter how prepared we are, the health system will become inadequate,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain told the media that lockdowns have already been issued in 7 districts of the country to prevent the spread of the pandemic coronavirus. A strict lockdown may come before Eid to bring this situation under control. This decision will be effective only after getting approval from the Prime Minister’s Office.
- ADC Saqlain withdrawn for taking Pori Moni at house
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- ‘Hero’ Captain Naushad passes away
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- RAB raids Helena’s JoyJatra TV, channel to be shut down
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Tk4 crore looted from Dhaka Bank vault, 2 held
- 2 associates of model Piyasha arrested with weapons, drugs
- Mass Vaccination campaign
28.37 lakh people vaccinated in one day
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- Decision on strict lockdown extension today
- RAB raids Helena Jahangir`s house
- Fire in Banani’s 6-storey building, 14 firefighting units working
- Helena Jahangir detained
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur