Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
Published: 22:35 14 September 2019 Updated: 11:32 15 September 2019
Bangladesh Chhatra League President Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon and General Secretary Golam Rabbani have resigned. They handed over their resignation letter to the Prime Minister on Saturday evening. Al Nahian Khan Joy has been made the acting president of the BCL and Lekhak Bhattacharya has been made the acting general secretary.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Awami League central executive committee chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at Ganobhaban on Saturday.
Later, Awami League’s organizing secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury said that Chhatra League President Shovon and General Secretary Rabbani were replaced by vice-president Al Nahian Khan Joy and joint general secretary Lekhak Bhattacharya as acting president and acting general secretary. “They were also urged to convene at the fastest time,” he added.
According to meeting sources, Shovon-Rabbani went to Ganobhaban in the evening and submitted the resignation letter to the Prime Minister. Later, Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader will brief the details.
Noted that the Awami League president nominated Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon as President and Golam Rabbani as the General Secretary on July 4 after the Chhatra League’s two-day 29th National Conference without a new leadership election on May 11 and 12.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman