Shakib removes dangerous Pant
Published: 18:54 2 July 2019 Updated: 18:55 2 July 2019
Bangladesh ace-all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan removed Rishab Pant (48 off 41) as India lost their 5th wickets to 277/5 in the first over of 45 overs. RR MS Dhoni and Dinesh Kartik are in the crease scoring 11 and 1 respectively. India 279/5 after 45 overs.
Bangladesh pace sensation Mustafizur Rahman sent back India skipper Virat Kohli (26) and Hardik Pandya in 39th over as India lost their 3rd and 4th wickets to 237.
Right-hand pacer Rubel Hossain sends back KL Rahul (77 off 92) as India lost their 2nd wickets to 195 in 32.4 overs.
Earlier, Soumya Sarkar made the desirable breakthrough for Bangladesh by sending back Indan opener Rohit Sharma. Rohit went out after scoring 104 off 92. India reached 181/1 at the end of 30 overs.
Rohit Sharma had an early reprieve as India made a strong start after electing to bat first against Bangladesh in the World Cup at Edgbaston on Tuesday.
Rohit Sharma started with a six in the first over but mistimed a pull off paceman Mustafizur Rahman only for Tamim Iqbal to drop a simple catch at deep mid-wicket with the batsman on nine. Rohit Sharma, who scored a century in India's first World Cup defeat to hosts England on Sunday.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes