Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
Published: 15:50 9 July 2019 Updated: 15:51 9 July 2019
The court has taken the chargesheet over the sexual harassment case of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi in Sonagazi of Feni. The charges will be formed on July 17.
Judge Mamunur Rashid of Feni’s Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal took the charge and fixed the date for the formation of the allegation.
Feni PBI OC Shah Alam said, “On July 3, the chargesheet was submitted to Feni’s senior judicial magistrate Md Zakir Hossain’s court. The only accused in the chargesheet was Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa Principal Siraj Ud Daula. After the hearing on July 4, the case was transferred to the tribunal.”
According to the case, on March 27, madrasa peon Nurul Amin took Nusrat to principal’s office. There, principal Siraj sexually harassed Nusrat. Later, Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station against Siraj. Police arrested Siraj. Later, the court sent him to jail. After the case, Nusrat gave a statement to the Feni judicial magistrate.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation