Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
Published: 15:50 9 July 2019 Updated: 15:51 9 July 2019
The court has taken the chargesheet over the sexual harassment case of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi in Sonagazi of Feni. The charges will be formed on July 17.
Judge Mamunur Rashid of Feni’s Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal took the charge and fixed the date for the formation of the allegation.
Feni PBI OC Shah Alam said, “On July 3, the chargesheet was submitted to Feni’s senior judicial magistrate Md Zakir Hossain’s court. The only accused in the chargesheet was Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa Principal Siraj Ud Daula. After the hearing on July 4, the case was transferred to the tribunal.”
According to the case, on March 27, madrasa peon Nurul Amin took Nusrat to principal’s office. There, principal Siraj sexually harassed Nusrat. Later, Nusrat’s mother Shirin Akhter filed a case with Sonagazi Police Station against Siraj. Police arrested Siraj. Later, the court sent him to jail. After the case, Nusrat gave a statement to the Feni judicial magistrate.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Student killed in Barguna School ceiling collapse
Writ files seeking Tk 1 cr for compensation
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case