Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
Published: 11:55 12 July 2019
Ajay Barua; Photo: Collected
Ajay Barua, the Sports Editor of Daily Sangbad, died on Sunday. He was 70. He became ill after going to England for covering sports news. The veteran journalist died on Friday around 9:15 am while undergoing treatment at a hospital in London for 2 weeks.
Ajay Barua, a prominent sports journalist and freedom fighter, has been working as a Sports Journalist since 1974 on Daily Sangbad. He involved with Sports Journalism in nearly five decades.
Before Sports Journalism, he was an athlete. He received Honorary Blue for contribution in sports from Dhaka University. He was also the sports secretary of Jagannath Hall. At the beginning of the traditional Abahani Club, he was a member of the football team.
Before independence, he completed postgraduate in Mathematics from Dhaka University. After independence, he took Sports Journalism as a career. He witnessed many histories of the country’s sports and media. Many Sports Journalists of the country are made by his hand.
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Mash best skipper in World Cup: Shoaib Akhtar
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Clair Polosak officiate Men’s ODI as first female umpire
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- Taskin breaks down for World Cup
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Bangamata Gold Cup
Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- Team Bangladesh on ICC’s fb cover photo
- Tigers’ green jersey finalized with red strip at front
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Opportunity for World Cup newcomers to be star