Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
Published: 11:55 12 July 2019
Ajay Barua; Photo: Collected
Ajay Barua, the Sports Editor of Daily Sangbad, died on Sunday. He was 70. He became ill after going to England for covering sports news. The veteran journalist died on Friday around 9:15 am while undergoing treatment at a hospital in London for 2 weeks.
Ajay Barua, a prominent sports journalist and freedom fighter, has been working as a Sports Journalist since 1974 on Daily Sangbad. He involved with Sports Journalism in nearly five decades.
Before Sports Journalism, he was an athlete. He received Honorary Blue for contribution in sports from Dhaka University. He was also the sports secretary of Jagannath Hall. At the beginning of the traditional Abahani Club, he was a member of the football team.
Before independence, he completed postgraduate in Mathematics from Dhaka University. After independence, he took Sports Journalism as a career. He witnessed many histories of the country’s sports and media. Many Sports Journalists of the country are made by his hand.
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Afif Hossain denied CPL NOC by BCB