Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
Published: 14:14 7 July 2019 Updated: 14:38 7 July 2019
Police arrested Haroon, the main accused in connection the murder of seven-year-old Samiya Afrin Sayma after the rape in the capital’s Wari area.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP)'s media and public relations department DC, Masudur Rahman confirmed that the main culprit was arrested on Sunday. He said the details will be made at the press conference at DMP Media Center at noon.
Earlier, Samiya went hidden during Maghrib prayers on Friday. After much searching, her body was found in a flat on the 9th floor of the building. Then, the police recovered the body of the child from the spot. Later, on Saturday, the autopsy said that after rape, the child was strangled to death with rope.
Samiya is the youngest child of Abdus Salam. He lives as tenant in the house with family.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status