Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
Published: 13:42 27 August 2019
A man in Saudi Arabia accidentally bought 2 Airbus A350-1000’s while searching for scale models of that type, reported international media.
The man, an investor in the energy sector, was searching for a birthday gift for his son who is a big fan of aviation.
The man says he called Airbus for the model planes but his lack of English made communication difficult. “They asked so many questions about interior and exterior, I just thought they make very accurate scale models”.
The price tag of roughly €329 million did not seem to bother the man.
“I got lost in currency conversions, I thought it was a bit expensive but still reasonable”.
The man paid with his American Express and a few months later, Airbus called to tell the planes are ready for delivery. “They asked me who will fly it, I thought it was a joke”
The Saudi man decided to keep one of the planes and gifted the other one to his cousin.
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- NZ mosque attack accused drops bid to move trial
- Article 370: What is happening with Kashmiris?