Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card
Published: 17:13 15 May 2019 Updated: 17:14 15 May 2019
Saudi government will give immigrants permanent residency. The country is going to introduce a special system in line with the green card.
Basically the government of Saudi Arabia will allow permanent residence to attract the wealthy foreigners and skilled workers in Saudi Arabia.
The proposal was approved by the Saudi Arabian cabinet on Tuesday. Reuters news agency.
Reuters reported on behalf of the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) that the Saudi Shura (policy maker) Council approved the proposal about a month ago. On Tuesday it got the cabinet's approval.
Local media reported that this system would allow permits to settle permanently in Saudi Arabia with a flat fee. Besides, there will be a chance to become an owner of the property and business.
Currently, in sponsorship-based system in Saudi, a worker is allowed to get permit of residence if a Saudi employer agrees to sponsor.
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Biodiversity crisis to put humanity at risk, UN warn
- Dead declared Sudan`s defense minister imprisoned!
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- Sri Lanka blasts: Death toll rises to 160
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Spain’s Socialists win amid far-right breakthrough
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- ‘Fani’ hits India’s Odisha
- Gun fired at London mosque during Tarawih prayer
- Pakistan arrests 8 Chinese men for trafficking girls
- 129 dead in serial blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches, Hotels
- India takes all around preparation to combat ‘Fani’