Samrat wanted to flee in India
Published: 13:16 6 October 2019 Updated: 22:10 6 October 2019
Ismail Chowdhury Samrat of Dhaka Metropolitan South Jubo League
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) has arrested Dhaka Metropolitan South Jubo League President Ismail Chowdhury Samrat and his assist Arman from border area village of Chauddagram Upazila under Cumilla district early this morning. It is assumed that he wanted to escape to India.
They were arrested on Sunday morning at around 5 am from his relatives’ house in the village of Kunjashripur, a border area of Chauddagram police station, Cumilla.
It is learned that a local named Md. Monirul Islam is the owner of the house of Kunjushripur in Alkara union of the border upazila. As the village is located near the border. The Samrat is believed to have taken refuge in his relative's house to escape to India. However, warnings were also issued on all borders of the country so that he could not flee abroad.
Alakara UP chairman Golam Faruk Helal told the DailyBangladesh that according to information provided by the villagers, a special team of RAB-7 had been besieging the village since Saturday night. He was arrested through a five-hour drive.
He added that the RAB did not allow anyone to enter during the operation. Later in the morning he was arrested and taken from there. So the details could not be further known.
Cumilla Chauddagram Police Station OC Abdullah Al Mahfuz said the RAB was handling the drive of Samrat directly. We do not have specific information.
Cumilla SP Syed Nurur Islam didn’t receive the phone while the reported called him regarding the matter.
This influential leader of the Dhaka Metropolitan Jubo League has been under surveillance since the ongoing anti-casino operation.
Khaled Mahmud Bhuiyan, the organizing secretary of Dhaka metropolitan south also known as Samrat’s right hand was recently arrested by the RAB for allegedly operating illegal casinos in the capital.
Then GK Shamim, another Jubo League leader, also known as Tender King of the capital was arrested. Both of them used to distribute illegal income to Samrat.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman