‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
Published: 09:56 6 October 2019 Updated: 13:42 6 October 2019
Ismail Chowdhury Samrat, president of Jubo League`s Dhaka South unit
Ismail Chowdhury Samrat, president of Jubo League's Dhaka South unit, and one of his associates have been arrested early Sunday.
Tipped off, the Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) conducted a drive and arrested them at 5:00 am from Chowdhury Bari at Kunja Sreepur village in Alkara union under Chauddagram police station in Cumilla.
Mizanur Rahman Bhuiyan, senior assistant director of RAB's Legal and Media wing, confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh at 9:17 am on Sunday.
Samrat, the alleged kingpins of “casino” business in the capital, and his associate Arman were arrested on specific charges in connection with the ongoing crackdown against the casino in Dhaka, said RAB in a message, sent to media.
However, RAB has not formally briefed the media on the matter yet.
Earlier, RAB arrested Dhaka Metropolitan South's Organizing Secretary Khaled Mahmud Bhuiyan, known as the right hand of Samrat, for running an illegal casino in the capital. Later, another Jubo League leader GK Shamim, who was known as Tender King of the capital, was arrested.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Samrat wanted to flee in India
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- Samrat-Arman expelled from Jubo League
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Bangamata always active behind the scenes
- Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
- BNP dealers candidate for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- Jubo League expels Rajib