Samrat lands in jail!
Published: 21:44 6 October 2019 Updated: 09:48 7 October 2019
Fired Jubo League leader Ismail Chowdhury Samrat and his aid Arman have been landed in the Keraniganj Central Jail following a RAB mobile court verdict of six months’ imprisonment each in separated cases under Wild Animal Protection Act and Narcotic Control Act respectively.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) Executive Magistrate Sarwoar Alam sentenced Samrat, under the Wildlife (Conservation and Security) Act, on Sunday, for keeping two Kangaroo hides in his possession.
Arman was given six months in prison, as he was found in a drunken state at the time of his arrest from Cumilla.
The Rapid Action Battalion arrested the duo in Cumilla on Sunday over their links to illegal casino business in Dhaka.
RAB took Samrat to his Kakrail office during the raid.
RAB Special Forces raided Samrat’s Kakrail office on Sunday afternoon and found one 7.5mm gun, 7 rounds of bullets, 1,160 yaba pills, 19 bottles of foreign liquor, two kangaroo hides, two sticks, and two electric torcher machines.
“Who is Samrat’s godfather and who was behind him will be known after interrogation in remand,” said Lt Col Sarwar Bin Kashem, director, legal and media wing of RAB.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim