SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
Published: 12:30 11 October 2020 Updated: 16:17 11 October 2020
Educational institutions across the country have remained closed for a long time due to the coronavirus pandemic. Policymakers cannot say when it will be reopened. The government has already cancelled this year's Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and equivalent examinations. Now, apprehension has also been created about the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations of 2021.
The SSC examination usually starts in February every year. However, the second wave of coronavirus infection is seen in different countries of the world. Although the 'first wave' of COVID-19 is not over in Bangladesh so far, the 'second wave' is being discussed from now.
Experts predicted that the second wave of coronavirus is likely to start in November and that will be last for a few months. This suspicion has been created due to the fear of such a situation. In this circumstance, apprehension has been created about the next SSC examinations.
The National Technical Advisory Committee on Covid-19 also said there was a high risk of re-infection in the country. The committee advised the government to take immediate action to prevent and control the possible second wave of coronavirus outbreak. They also urged authorities to take necessary preparation to ensure health care in case of infection rise.
Dr Nazrul Islam, a member of the advisory committee and former vice-chancellor of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), said that the coronavirus situation may worsen in winter. Because it is more infectious in winter.
That is the main reason for the scepticism about the SSC exam. Authorities concerned said that if the situation is not normal, the educational institutions will remain closed.
Notre Dame College Professor (Retd) AN Rashedar said that all types of educational institutions across the country are remained closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. It is still unknown when the situation will be normal. In such a situation, the SSC exams of 2021 are also likely to be affected.
An official of the Inter-Education Board Coordinating Committee told Daily Bangladesh that fears of a 'second wave' of coronavirus infections have been created. If this situation arises, uncertainty will be made to hold the SSC examination. In this case, the decision will be taken considering the situation.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- Class-XI admission begins
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- Online classes for Grade XI begins