Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
Published: 16:05 8 December 2019 Updated: 16:11 8 December 2019
A Dhaka court placed Abdur Rahman Saikat, alleged boyfriend of Stamford University Honors 1st year student Rubaiyat Sharmin Rumpa whose body was found in Dhaka on Wednesday night, on a 4-day remand on Sunday, hours after he was arrested in the murder case.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mamunur Rashid passed the order as police produced Saikat before the court and pleaded to place him on 7-day remand, reported BSS.
Investigation officer (IO) and detective branch (DB) inspector Shah Md Akteruzzaman Elias in his plea said they have got evidence that Saikat, a BBA student of the same varsity, and Rumpa had relations, which turned sour lately.
“Both of them were seen together on December 4 and Saikat, without any logical reason requested Rumpa to make a breakup, which led to an argument between them. I suspect after that incident Saikat with the help from his accomplices murdered Rumpa and threw her body from building no 64/4 on Siddheswari Circular Road at around 10:45 pm on the day,” the IO said in his bail plea.
Police recovered the body of Rumpa on Wednesday night from an alleyway in Siddheswari area in the capital and sent it to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for autopsy. Her family later identified her in the hospital.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- SC asks to demolish illegal hotel-motel at Cox’s Bazar beach
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Rajib-Dia killing case
2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Nusrat murder: Death reference sent to HC Tuesday
- SC orders GP to pay Tk 2,000 cr
- ‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda