Risha murder case verdict today
Published: 10:56 10 October 2019
Suraia Akter Risha
A Dhaka court is set to deliver the verdict on Thursday in a case lodged over the murder of Dhaka’s Wills Little Flower School and College student Suraia Akter Risha around three years ago.
Earlier on Sunday, Judge KM Emrul Kayesh of the Metropolitan Sessions Judge’s Court set today to deliver the verdict.
Risha, a 14-year-old schoolgirl, was knifed by accused Obaidul Khan in front of the school on August 24, 2016. The eighth-grader died of her injuries in the hospital four days later.
Obaidul, a tailor by profession, used to disturb the girl over the phone and stalk her while coming and going to school. In this circumstance, Risha’s mother even warned him for his offence.
Obaidul fled capital after stabbing her. He was arrested on August 31, 2016, from Nilphamari and confessed his crimes during the primary investigation.
On November 14, 2016, Ali Hossain, inspector of Ramna Police Station, submitted the charge sheet against Obaidul to the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court of Dhaka. The court on April 17, 2017, framed charges against him in the case.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Report against SK Sinha, 10 other Aug 28
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday