Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
Published: 09:38 2 July 2019 Updated: 13:41 2 July 2019
Sabbir Ahmed alias Nayon Bond, the prime accused in the Rifat Sharif murder case, was killed in a gunfight with police at Purakata area in Sadar Upazila of Barguna early Tuesday.
Nayan Bond was a son of Abubakar Siddique of West College Road area in Barguna municipality.
Barguna SP Maruf Hossain confirmed the death of Nayan Bond and said that four police personnel were also injured in the incident. Arms and bullets were recovered from the scene.
On information that Nayon Bond was staying in Purakata Ferryghat area, a team of police - led by Additional Superintendent of Police Shahjahan - conducted a drive there, said Abir Mohammad Hossain, Officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station.
As soon as the law enforcers reached there, Nayon and his cohorts launched an attack on them forcing them to fire shots in self-defense.
After the gun battle, a criminal was found lying dead on the spot. Later, locals identified him as Nayon Bond.
On June 26, 22-years-old Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in broad daylight in the district town. The incident was caught on surveillance camera.
After the incident, Rifat's father Dulal Sharif filed a case. The main accused in the case Nayan Bond, the second accused Rifat Farazi and the third accused Rishan Faraji were absconding since then. So far, eight people have been arrested in the case.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!