Rifat murder: Bail plea of two dropped from hearing list
Published: 14:07 5 November 2019
The High Court on Tuesday has dropped the bail plea of Nazmul Hasan and Rafiul Islam Rabbi from the hearing list, the accused in the murder case of Barguna’s Rifat Sharif.
The High Court bench headed by Justice AKM Asaduzzaman passed the order where Advocate Jahangir Kabir was present for the defendant and Deputy Attorney Dr Md Bashir Ullah was present for the state.
Earlier on October 30, the accused Nazmul and Rafiul filed the bail petition with the High Court after failing for bail in the Barguna court.
On June 26, Rifat Sharif was hacked to death in broad daylight in front of wife Ayesha Siddiqua Minni at Barguna Government College Road. He died while undergoing treatment at Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital in Barishal. Rifat’s father Abdul Halim later lodged a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station accusing 12 people.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim