Returning home Qader in Gonobhaban
Published: 20:52 15 May 2019 Updated: 23:14 15 May 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Brigde Minister Obaidul Quader went to Gonobhaban to meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina soon after reaching the country nearly two and a half months later.
He entered Gonobhaban at 7pm on Wednesday. Road Transport and Highways Department Information Officer Abu Naser confirmed the matter.
Earlier, a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Awami League leader landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 5:55pm, said Abu Naser, deputy principal information officer of Road Transport and Bridges Ministry.
AL joint general secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman and other AL central leaders received Obaidul Quader on his return at the airport after 72 days.
Obaidul Qauder had been admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) hospital initially on March 3 following breathing complications. Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery. He was then flown to Singapore the next day for treatment.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers