Rescue of Bangladeshi sailors from attacked ship in Ukraine begins
Published: 21:28 3 March 2022 Updated: 21:29 3 March 2022
MV Bangla Samriddhi; File Photo
The rescue of trapped Bangladeshi sailors from the ship ‘MV Bangla Samriddhi’ which has been attacked by a rocket in Ukraine has started.
It was learned that the body of third engineer Hadisur Rahman is also being shifted to the bunker.
“Efforts were being made to bring back 28 sailors safely after an attack on a Bangladeshi ship in Ukraine on Thursday,” Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC) executive director Piyush Dutta told the media.
Piyush Dutt said the first goal is to bring back our sailors with adequate security. Relevant agencies including the Ministry of Shipping are working in this regard.
Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC) is a government agency under the Ministry of Shipping. The company’s general cargo ship ‘MV Bangla Samriddhi’ has been there since February 23 after arriving at the Port of Olvia, Ukraine. There are 29 Bangladeshi sailors on board.
A Bangladeshi sailor named Hadisur Rahman, the third engineer of the ship, was killed by the rocket attack in MV Bangla on Wednesday. His home is at Hosnabad village in Betagi upazila of Barguna.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge