Report against SK Sinha, 10 other Aug 28
Published: 18:07 11 July 2019
A Dhaka court today set August 28 for the submission of Anti-Corruption Commission’s (ACC) the investigation report against 11 including former Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha (SK Sinha). They are charged with embezzlement and trafficking of Tk 4 crore from Farmers Bank (now Padma Bank).
Court sources informed, upon reaching filed case to the court on Thursday, Senior Special Judge KM Imrul Quayes took the case and directed the ACC director Syed Iqbal Hossain to investigate the case and submit the report.
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) director Syed Iqbal Hossain filed the case on July 10 for embezzling Tk 4 crore from then Farmers Bank and laundering the money abroad.
The other accused are- former Farmers Bank managing director AKM Shameem, first vice-presidents Swapan Kumar Roy and Shafiuddin Askaree, senior executive vice-presidents Gazi Salauddin and Ziauddin Ahmed, and vice-president M Lutful Haque, bank clients Md Shahjahan, Niranjan Chandra Saha, his uncle Ranajit Chandra Saha, and Ranajit’s wife Santree Roy.
According to the allegation, Md Shahjahan and Niranjan took the money on loan from then Farmers Bank, which was later transferred to Justice Sinha’s Sonali Bank account, showing it was earned from selling of his (Sinha’s) house.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Student killed in Barguna School ceiling collapse
Writ files seeking Tk 1 cr for compensation
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case