Report against SK Sinha, 10 other Aug 28
Published: 18:07 11 July 2019
A Dhaka court today set August 28 for the submission of Anti-Corruption Commission’s (ACC) the investigation report against 11 including former Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha (SK Sinha). They are charged with embezzlement and trafficking of Tk 4 crore from Farmers Bank (now Padma Bank).
Court sources informed, upon reaching filed case to the court on Thursday, Senior Special Judge KM Imrul Quayes took the case and directed the ACC director Syed Iqbal Hossain to investigate the case and submit the report.
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) director Syed Iqbal Hossain filed the case on July 10 for embezzling Tk 4 crore from then Farmers Bank and laundering the money abroad.
The other accused are- former Farmers Bank managing director AKM Shameem, first vice-presidents Swapan Kumar Roy and Shafiuddin Askaree, senior executive vice-presidents Gazi Salauddin and Ziauddin Ahmed, and vice-president M Lutful Haque, bank clients Md Shahjahan, Niranjan Chandra Saha, his uncle Ranajit Chandra Saha, and Ranajit’s wife Santree Roy.
According to the allegation, Md Shahjahan and Niranjan took the money on loan from then Farmers Bank, which was later transferred to Justice Sinha’s Sonali Bank account, showing it was earned from selling of his (Sinha’s) house.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation