Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
Published: 10:06 22 July 2019 Updated: 10:07 22 July 2019
Taslima Begum Renu
Three young men were detained in connection with the lynching of a woman in mob beating at Badda area in the capital.
Police detained them on Sunday night after reviewing video footage of the mob beating incident. The detainees are - Jafor, Shahin and Bappi.
Badda police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Rafikul Islam confirmed the matter. “They were detained for interrogation,” he said.
Taslima Begum Renu was injured in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Badda in the capital on Saturday morning. Later, she was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where physicians declared her dead.
Her nephew Syed Nasir Uddin Titu and sister Rehana identified the body of the deceased at DMCH in the evening. They said that the deceased, Taslima Begum Renu, 40, was divorced and was living with her children in Mohakhali Wireless area.
She has an 11-year-old son and four-year-old daughter. She visited the school to seek information about admissions.
Victims' nephew Nasir Uddin lodged a case against 400-500 unnamed with Badda Police Station on Saturday night in this regard.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha