Renu lynched: Prime accused held
Published: 21:16 23 July 2019 Updated: 11:39 24 July 2019
Police arrested the prime accused Hridoy in connection to the killing of Taslima Begum Renu, who was lynched over suspicion of so-called ‘child lifting’ in the capital’s Badda.
He was arrested on Tuesday afternoon in front of Golap Shah Mazar in the capital's Gulistan.
Gulistan Police members of Gulistan outpost stated that a man named Mahbub Alam sighted Hridoy and then detained and handed over to the police.
On Saturday morning, Renu was killed in mob beating on suspicion ‘child lifter’, when she was seeking a school admission of her child. On that night, Nasir Uddin, a child of deceased Renu Begum filed a case with Badda police station. An unidentified 400 to 500 people made the defendant in the case.
On Sunday night, police arrested four suspected lynchers. However, the main accused Hridoy fled. Later on Monday, one out of the four accused made confessional statements to the court. The court has allowed the other three to be detained for four days remand.
The accused were remanded - Shaheen of Gabtali Hawlardar Bari in Taltali upazila of Barguna, Bachchu Mia of Dhorsa village of Dhubaura upazila under Mymensingh district and Bappi of Faruk's grocery store in North Badda raw market.
It is reported that the accused Hridoy, led the brutal lynching of Taslima Begum Renu inside a school in Badda. From the video footage of the incident and with the help of information technology, police and detectives have identified eight people, including Hridoy. Of them, 5 accused have been arrested so far.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
- Soroj Mehedi new director of Cyber Security Institute
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- National Poet’s 43rd death anniv today