Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November
Published: 19:27 2 December 2019
Expatriate Bangladeshis sent US $ 1,555.22 million remittances in November of the current fiscal 2019-20, which is apparently 31.75 percent higher than the same month of the preceding year, according to a Bangladesh Bank (BB) data.
The country received $1,180.44 million remittances during the month of November in 2018-19 financial year, the data added.
According to the BB data, expatriate Bangladeshis sent $ 7,714.19 million remittances during the first five months of the current fiscal 2019-20.
During the month of October, the country received $1,639.62 million while $1,476.91 million in September, $1,444.75 million in August and $1,597.69 million in July of fiscal 2019-20.
But in 2018-19, the country got $1,239.11 million in October, $1,139.66 million in September, $1,411.05 million in August and $1,318.18 million in July.
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Weeklong Income Tax fair set to begin Nov 14
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China