BUP student’s death
Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
Published: 22:40 19 March 2019 Updated: 10:54 20 March 2019
Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) today cancelled registration of a bus of Shuprovat Paribahan that killed a student of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) at Nodda near Dhaka’s Bashundhara Residential area.
The registration of the bus (Dhaka metro-b-11-4135) has been cancelled temporally according to the section 128 of the Motor Vehicles Ordinance 1983, BRTA today said in a letter signed by its Assistant Director (engineer) M Rafiqul Islam, according to a report published on the news portal of DMP.
Abrar Ahmed, a student of International Relations of BUP, was killed after a bus ran him over in Nodda area this morning, sparking heavy protest among the students.
The incident took place around 7:30am when Abrar, who used to live in Bashundhara Residential Area, was passing through Pragati Sarani Road by using the zebra crossing, the agitating students said quoting witnesses.
Meanwhile, the agitating students protesting the death of one of their fellows have called for countrywide class boycott programme for tomorrow.
- Dr. Sabrina still on the run
- Budget 2020-2021 at a glance
- Sabrina wanted to be ‘heroine’, goes waste after marriage
- Cheating griped in Dr. Sabrina`s family life too
- Fahim murder: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dhaka under zone-based lockdown from Sunday
- 3 ministers buy cows on 1st day of ‘Digital Haat’
- COVID-19 sample collection to be done by online
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- 1602 coronavirus patients diagnosed in 24 hrs
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- 83pc of coronavirus patients only in Dhaka: DGHS
- Digital Cattle Market
DNCC to provide Qurbani in live streaming, meat home delivery
- Bangladeshi girl’s body recovered from a hotel in Egypt