Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
Published: 22:26 24 May 2019 Updated: 22:27 24 May 2019
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal says, the budget of 2019-20 will be a smart budget. The size of the budget statement will be short and to-the-point. But the size of the budget will not be smaller, but it will be the record budget compared to any time.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said this while he was speaking at an Iftar and Doa Mahfil program at Bagmara High School ground in Lalmai Upazila of Comilla on Friday.
Speaking as the chief guest, he said, this new budget will have some new dimensions. This will reflect the birth centenary celebration of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. But there will be more attention to the election manifesto 'My village is my city' and to create huge employment.
He said that according to the declaration of the plan, the village will be developed in a planned manner. All types of citizen facilities, including internet, electricity, gas, will be delivered.
On the issue of rice prices, the minister said, "We have to save our peasants." Although the government cannot shut the import of rice completely but can also discourage. In the meantime we have increased import tariff from28 percent to 55 percent to discourage rice import.”
He said, we also have to emphasize on the export of rice as well. Even the subsidy will be provided if require.
On the occasion, Abdul Hamid, a member of Comilla South District Awami League, chaired the meeting while Lalmai Upazila Parishad Chairman Abdul Malek was the special guest.
At the time Sadar South Upazila Parishad Chairman Golam Sarwar and Awami League, Krishik League, Mahila Awami League, Juba League, Chhatra League and various level leaders of the organization were present.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Fiery price in abundant Hilsa
- DSE to new building in October
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Spice-market unrest before Eid
- Govt to purchase Vehicle Mounted Data Interceptor through DPM
- WB to aid in Delta Plan IMP
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow