Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
Published: 18:40 22 September 2019
Afghanistan skipper Rashid Khan is uncertain for the final of the ongoing tri-nation series against host Bangladesh, which will be played on September 24 at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka.
Rashid sustained a hamstring injury in the last league-phase game of the event on Saturday during the fourth over of the match. However, he later took the field and bowled three overs as well and picked up two wickets. But he was not looking comfortable in the middle.
At the post-match press conference, Afghanistan Manager Nazim Jar Abdur Rahim Zai told reporters that Rashid might not be available in the final for the injury.
“Rashid is our captain and the main player. So we will be monitoring him. We will have two-three days before the final. Let’s see what comes up,” he said.
“He has been doing well. But we cannot guarantee he will take part in the final against Bangladesh,” Afghanistan manager further told the reporters.
Till the last league phase-game, Rashid bowled 90 balls and picked up six wickets conceding 108 runs. Before heading to this series, Rashid played a pivotal role to win the solitary Test against Bangladesh in Chattogram.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes