Rangpur-3 by-polls: 7 candidature valid
Published: 14:39 11 September 2019 Updated: 14:58 11 September 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Election Commission has declared the nomination forms of seven candidates for the by-elections in Rangpur-3 constituency valid. At the same time, the nomination forms for the two candidates were declared invalid due to errors.
On Wednesday, Returning Officer GM Sahatab Uddin said this at a press conference in the conference room of the District Regional Election Office.
“After the scrutiny, the nomination forms of seven candidates including Awami League’s Rezaul Karim Raju, Jatiya Party’s Rahgir Al Mahi Saad and Rita Rahman were declared valid,” he said.
Besides, the nomination of independent candidate Kausar Zaman Babla and Ekramul Haque of Bangladesh Congress Party were declared invalid due to various reasons including not submitting the affidavit, as per the rules, he also said.
However, they can be able to appeal within three days, said the Returning Officer.
The Rangpur-3 seat fell vacant after the death of the former president of Jatiya Party HM Ershad. The by-election will be held on October 5. On Sunday, the Election Commission announced the date for by-elections in Rangpur-3 constituency.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge