Rainfall likely increase in next 72hrs
Published: 12:39 12 June 2019 Updated: 15:48 12 June 2019
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Wednesday predicted that "Rainfall activity may increase" in the next 72 hours commencing from 9:00 am today.
The Met Office also forecasted that rain or thundershowers with gusty wind likely to occur at many places over the country in next 24 hours ending at 9:00 am tomorrow.
“Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at one or two places over Rangpur, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Barishal, Chattogram & Sylhet divisions and weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky elsewhere over the country,” said a Met Office release this morning.
Meanwhile, a mild heat wave is sweeping over the regions of Rajshahi, Khulna, Mongla, Satkhira, Jashore & Sylhet and it may continue during the period.
Besides, day and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The highest temperature was recorded yesterday 36.8 degrees Celsius at Jashore under Khulna division, while today’s minimum temperature was 24.0 degrees Celsius at Dinajpur under Rangpur division.
The sun is to set at 6.47 pm today and rise at 5.10 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Banani fire: Injured firefighter Sohel dies
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Massive fire at Banani’s FR Tower, many get trapped
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Burj Khalifa colored for Mar 26
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- BUP student’s death
Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash
Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Gulshan DNCC market fire under control