Rainfall likely increase in next 72hrs
Published: 12:39 12 June 2019 Updated: 15:48 12 June 2019
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Wednesday predicted that "Rainfall activity may increase" in the next 72 hours commencing from 9:00 am today.
The Met Office also forecasted that rain or thundershowers with gusty wind likely to occur at many places over the country in next 24 hours ending at 9:00 am tomorrow.
“Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at one or two places over Rangpur, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Barishal, Chattogram & Sylhet divisions and weather may remain dry with temporary partly cloudy sky elsewhere over the country,” said a Met Office release this morning.
Meanwhile, a mild heat wave is sweeping over the regions of Rajshahi, Khulna, Mongla, Satkhira, Jashore & Sylhet and it may continue during the period.
Besides, day and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The highest temperature was recorded yesterday 36.8 degrees Celsius at Jashore under Khulna division, while today’s minimum temperature was 24.0 degrees Celsius at Dinajpur under Rangpur division.
The sun is to set at 6.47 pm today and rise at 5.10 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held