Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
Published: 12:50 19 August 2019
"Rain or thundershowers may increase gradually at the end period," predicted Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Monday in its outlook for next 72 hours.
The Met Office also forecasted that many places over the country are likely to experience light to moderate rain or thundershowers with moderately heavy to heavy falls in the next 24 hours as of 9:00 am tomorrow.
"Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at a few places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Khulna and Chattogram divisions and at one or two places over Mymensingh, Sylhet, Dhaka and Barishal divisions with moderately heavy falls at places over the country," according to a Met Office release issued this morning.
Besides, day and night temperature may rise slightly over the country during the period, the release added.
Meanwhile, the highest temperature was recorded yesterday 34.5 degrees Celsius in Rangpur and today’s minimum temperature is 25.0 degrees Celsius in Rangamati under Chattogram division. The highest rainfall for the last 24 hours till 6 pm today was recorded 43 mm in Cox’s Bazar.
The sunsets at 6:29 pm today and rises at 5:35 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status