Rain likely, temperature may fall
Published: 12:00 22 April 2021
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Thursday predicted rain or thunder showers at a few places over five divisions and at one or two places over three divisions with hails at isolated places in the next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today.
"Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at a few places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Mymensingh, Sylhet and Dhaka divisions and at one or two places over Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions with hails at isolated places," said the Met Office in a release issued this morning.
Meanwhile, the Met Office said a mild to moderate heat wave is sweeping over Dhaka, Khulna and Barishal divisions and the regions of Sitakunda, Rangamati, Noakhali, Feni, Moulvibazar, Rajshahi and Pabna and it may abate during the period.
Besides, day temperature may fall by 1-3 degrees Celcius and night temperature may fall slightly over the country.
As an outlook for the next 72 hours, the Met Office said: "Temperature may rise at the end period."
The country’s maximum temperature was recorded yesterday at 39.8 degrees Celsius at Jashore under the Khulna division and the minimum temperature today was recorded at 21.0 degrees Celsius at Tarash under the Rajshahi division.
The sun sets at 6:23 pm today and rises at 5:30 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground