Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
Published: 13:55 24 June 2019 Updated: 14:10 24 June 2019
Efforts are being made to normalize Dhaka-Chattogram rail communication with Sylhet within the afternoon, said Railways Secretary Mofazzal Hossain.
On Monday morning, he went on to visit the accident spot at Kulaura in Moulvibazar.
Secretary Md. Mofazzel Hossain said, “A four-member probe committee, led by the chief mechanical engineer (East-Zone) Md. Mizanur Rahman has been formed. The committee has been asked to submit its report in the next three working days.”
the chief engineer (mechanical) of Eastern Railway Md. Railway authorities formed a four-member probe committee headed by Mizanur Rahman. The committee has been asked to submit the report within three working days.
Several bogies of Dhaka-bound ‘Upaban Express’ train from Sylhet veered off the tracks on Sunday night after a culvert over the Barochhara Canal, 200 yards off Baramchal Railway Station in Kulaura Upazila of Moulvibazar, broke down.
Two of the bogies fell into the canal and one of them overturned, killing at least four passengers and injuring over 100 others. After the accident, rail communication between Sylhet and other districts, including the capital, was suspended.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF